Wednesday, March 26, 2008

D-Day

Today was dremmel day for the boys. This is a terrible experience for poor Wilson. When he was a pup, I tried to trim his nails and cut way too close into the quick, so after that I took him to the groomers, and the lady there suggested dremmelling. She said that pugs generally react better to that than they do the clippers. He did so well getting his nails dremmelled, no screaming or struggling, so I decided to buy a dremmel and do it at home. Fat chance. He struggles less and screams less than he did if I were trying to actually clip them, but it's still not easy. Henry doesn't mind as much, but still, it's less than pleasant. I wait until they're really sleepy, then snuggle them for awhile and get them nice and relaxed, then pull out the dremmel. And afterwards lots of treats and more snuggles of course. I hate having to do it, but it has to be done so the boys won't scratch each other's eyes out ! Also we're dogsitting for my parent's Beagle for a long weekend, and I wanted to make sure everyone was trimmed in anticipation of rambunctious play.


After dremmeling I took a bath. Aaron's a bartender and works most nights, which is nice for me because I can relax and read, or bathe. After the horrors of dremmeling the boys were ready to find solace in biting each others face wrinkles, but occasionally took time to check in on old mom.






My bath buddies



Wilson watching the tub fill thinking "What are doing to yourself?! Baths are evil! Save yourself! Get out! Run!"

3 comments:

Clover said...

Aw! Wilson and Henry are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wilson, don't you think that you and I look a bit alike?!
Love Clover xo

Anonymous said...

I have thought about buying a dremmel. It is nice to know that Indy isn't the only one who freaks over nail cutting.
The last time I tried, she hid behind the couch crying (real tears) so I have to hold her for the groomer now. :p

alanajonesmann said...

wilson and henry's stories are so similar to riley and dylan's! in addition, to them looking alike.

they're so cute!